So here we are again. Yesterday, we saw the little heartbeat on the monitor and the doctor said it measured at about 120 bpm which is a really good rate. Sweet P also measured at around 6 weeks, 3 days, so she moved my due date out…
To December 21st.
That was Malcolm’s due date. If I didn’t know I was going to have a scheduled c-section at about 38 weeks, I’d probably be really sad. I don’t know why, I always new that trying again after three months would put me in that range, but the same due date…wow. Thankfully, if Sweet P decides (or his or her chromosomes) decide to stick around, we’ll get to meet him/her sooner.
But that’s a big “if,” I know. According to a miscarriage statistics site I found last year, a study found that the risk of miscarriage dropped from 15% (once gestational sac is visible – which it was last week) to about 9% when a heartbeat is confirmed at 6 weeks. According to the same study, if all is well at our 9 week visit on May 21st, the risk of miscarriage will drop to a measly 0.5%. Of course, anything can happen and I’m trying to prepare myself for all possibilities, but somehow these numbers ease my mind a little.